Vegan Lemon Blueberry Cake
Ah summertime, the bright and vibrant yellows of sunshine, fresh juicy fruits bursting with citrusy tangy flavours in every bite, and the endless craving for wholesome bakes :)
Would you believe making a lemon blueberry cake is easy peasy lemon squeezy? Quite literally!
Use our versatile Real Bean Vanilla cake mix with the addition of fresh lemons and blueberries to make this fruity delight. It has never been easier to whip up this summer favourite!
A perfect centerpiece for those lazy lunch parties with loved ones, a slice of this dreamy lemon blueberry cake topped with a sweet lemon glaze will leave your taste buds tingling with joy.
Here’s everything you need to make this light and bright cake:
1 packet of Real Bean Vanilla Cake Mix
½ cup Oil
¾ cup buttermilk
2 tbsp lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
½ cup Blueberries
- Empty the contents of the Real Bean Vanilla Cake Mix into a large bowl.
- Whisk in the buttermilk, oil, lemon juice and lemon zest till just combined and no lumps are visible.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and lined 8” round tin and spread evenly. Use microwave-safe dish if opting to bake in microwave.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and bake for 30 mins in the Oven/3 mins in the Microwave
- Once the cake is cooled, unmold and place on a serving plate.
- Make a simple glaze by combining ½ cup sifted icing sugar with 1-2 tbsp of lemon juice till the mixture is runny.
- Pour onto the center of the cake and let the glaze spread naturally over the cake.
- Decorate with fresh flowers and/or slices of lemon and dig into your fresh aromatic cake.
Note: Vegan Buttermilk can easily be made by mixing 1.5 tsp vinegar to ¾ cup soy milk. Stir. Wait for 5 mins. Ready to use!