Strawberry Cake with Vegan Buttercream Frosting
We love our boozy Christmas Cake during the holidays, but since it's also berry season we just had to make a festive Strawberry cake! And what's better, this dessert is completely VEGAN!
We used our ever versatile Real Bean Vanilla Cake Mix to make our quick cake layers, covered it with an easy 3-ingredient Eggless Swiss Meringue Buttercream and added fresh sliced Strawberries.
Even though we use vegan ingredients in this one, you don't have to! Regular butter and condensed milk works perfectly well with these measurements.
Every bite of this light dessert is wholesome and extremely satisfying. Enjoy a tall slice by the pretty Christmas lights this season!
Here's everything you need to make a Vegan Buttercream Frosting with a delicious Vegan Strawberry cake,
1 Plattered Real Bean Vanilla Cake Mix
¾ cup Soy Buttermilk*
½ cup Oil
210g Vegan Condensed Milk (we used Urban Platter)
70g Vegan Butter (room temperature)
Splash of Vanilla Extract
- Prepare two 6' round cake tins with parchment paper. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Empty the contents of the Real Bean Vanilla Cake Mix in a large bowl.
- Mix in Buttermilk and Oil till a smooth batter is formed.
- Transfer batter to the tins equally and bake for about 25-30 mins or till a skewer inserted comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- For the Buttercream Frosting, add the Butter to a bowl and beat till smooth.
- Add in the Condensed Milk and Vanilla Extract and mix till incorporated.
- Transfer to a piping bag, spread a thin layer of frosting on 1 cake layer and pipe a ring around the edge. Fill the center with as many strawberry slices as you like.
- Cover with the other cake layer and spread another thin layer of frosting on the top and sides.
- Pipe a spiral outward with your buttercream starting from the center.
- For the sides, pipe straight lines from the base till the top layer. Repeat until the sides are covered.
- Decorate with more strawberry slices and refrigerate for a while before serving. Enjoy!
Pro tip: Fold in chopped strawberries to the cake batter for a bolder berry flavour.
*Note: Vegan Buttermilk can easily be made by mixing 1.5 tsp vinegar to ¾ cup soy milk. Stir. Wait for 5 mins. Ready to use!