Coconut Panna Cotta with Fresh Fruits
This smooth and creamy Coconut Panna Cotta will take you on a tropical trip, while the fresh fruits add bright pops of flavour in each bite. We think this is perfect for a refreshing summer treat that will instantly cool you down!
One spoonful of this Panna Cotta, adorned with a vibrant crown of fresh fruits, is a refreshing explosion of flavour in your mouth. The mild coconutty flavour from the rich coconut milk complements the burst of flavour from the fresh summer fruits. I chose mangoes, grapes and blueberries since I had them on hand, but you can top them with whichever fruits you'd like. A berry cmpote would be an absolutely yumm addition to this Panna Cotta!
Mixing this dessert takes no time at all, and the only patience you need is to allow it to chill in the fridge for a couple of hours. I would suggest making this in the morning and going about your day as usual. So by the time it is night, you'll have this jiggly dessert ready to be enjoyed :)
Here's everything you need to make it,
- 250ml Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1tsp Agar agar
- 1tsp Vanilla
- Lightly brush 2 glass bowls/cups with oil.
- Mix the half of the coconut milk with agar agar and whisk till combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the remaining coconut milk and sugar and stir till dissolved.
- Then add the agar agar milk mixture and stir once more.
- Microwave it for 1 minute till hot to touch. Optionally you can heat it in a saucepan on medium-low heat, but make sure to not let the mixture boil.
- Sieve and divide the mixture between the oiled bowls/cups and refrigerate for atleast 5 hours, or overnight.
- To demold, place the glass bowls/cups in warm water for few minutes, gently run a knife on the edges of the bowl and invert onto a plate.
- Top with your choice of dice fruits or dig in as is :)
P.S. you can spice up your Panna Cotta by adding cardamom or cinnamon to the coconut milk mixture for a more homely flavour