Pineapple Upside Down Cake
If you're missing the warm summers and the tang of juicy fruits, this recipe is the burst of sunshine you need on your plate!
To make this beautiful sun-burst cake, swirl the tin with warm caramel, nestle in the vibrant pineapple slices and finally cover them with our Real Bean Vanilla Cake Mix batter. The addition of coconut milk to the batter certainly adds a tropical taste to this quick desert!
Make this cake a rendition of a Piña colada by adding dessicated coconut along with the pineapple slices and 2 tbsp white rum to the batter :)
Here's how you can make your very own Pineapple Upside Down Cake,
1 pack Plattered Real Bean Vanilla Cake Mix
1⁄2 cup Buttermilk (Vegan or Regular)
1⁄2 cup Oil
1⁄4 cup Coconut Milk
1⁄2 cup Sugar
9-10 Pineapple Slices
Empty the Real Bean Vanilla Cake Mix into a bowl and whisk in the Buttermilk, Coconut milk and Oil till no lumps are visible.
- Prepare a simple caramel by placing the sugar in a pan on medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Once caramelized, gently pour the caramel to cover the base of your 8" round cake tin.
- Arrange the pineapple slices and pour in the prepared cake batter.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Bake for 30 mins or till toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- After the cake has cooled for about 10-15 mins, carefully upturn it onto a serving plate.
- Slice and serve warm :)
Note: Vegan Buttermilk can easily be made by mixing 1tsp vinegar to 100ml Soy Milk. Stir. Wait for 5 mins. Ready to use!
Pro-tip: Add finely diced Pineapple to the batter for an additional burst of flavour.