Malabar Upside Down Cake | Eggless and Vegan Friendly
Prepare to take your taste buds on a tropical escape with our delectable Malabar Upside Cake!
This unique twist on a classic dessert combines the richness of caramelized bananas with the exotic flavors of coconut and aromatic cardamom(elaichi), within our versatile moist and tender Real Bean Vanilla Cake. The caramelized bananas provide a luscious and gooey layer that adds sweetness to every bite. Each mouthful is a harmonious blend of flavors and textures, with the moistness of the cake beautifully complementing the caramelized bananas and the subtle nuttiness of the coconut.
Whether you're hosting a gathering or simply treating yourself to a slice of paradise, our Malabar Upside Down Cake is the perfect choice. Its unique combination of flavors influenced by the south will leave a lasting impression on your palate, making it a standout dessert that will have everyone going bananas over the taste.
Here's how you can make your very own Malabar Upside Down Cake,
1 pack Plattered Real Bean Vanilla Cake Mix
1⁄2 cup Oil
¾ cup Coconut Milk
1 tsp Vinegar
1⁄2 cup Sugar
3 Bananas (we used plantains)
2 tbsp Coconut (grated)
3 Cardamom/Elaichi Pods (crushed)
- Prepare a simple caramel by placing the sugar in a pan on medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Once caramelized, gently pour the caramel to cover the base of your 8" round cake tin.
- Slice a banana and arrange it in the tin as you like.
- Empty the Real Bean Vanilla Cake Mix into a bowl and whisk in the Coconut milk, Vinegar, Oil, grated Coconut and crushed Cardamom till no lumps are visible.
- Pour the prepared cake batter into the tin.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Bake for 30 mins or till toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- After the cake has cooled for about 10-15 mins, carefully upturn it onto a serving plate.
- Slice and serve warm :)