How to make Caramel (Vegan option included)
Meet your new favourite jar of liquid gold! It comes together with the simplest ingredients like sugar, butter and milk/cream in a single saucepan.
So the next time you have some free time or just wanna experiment a fun (& rewarding!!) recipe, this Caramel sauce will be worth your while!
This velvety smooth sauce can jazz up anything and everything. These are a few ways you can use it:
Drizzle over your favourite ice cream
Dip fruits, Churros or even crackers for a quick treat
Top pancakes, waffles, crepes or French toast
Add a spoonful to Hot Chocolate or coffee for you homemade flavoured drink
Fill your cakes, cupcake, cookies and donuts for a gooey center
Mix into yogurt or smoothie bowls
Use as a topping for cheesecake
Make Millionaire's Brownies with it (wink wink, recipe coming soon!)
- Make caramel popcorn
- Eat by the spoonful :)
Well that's enough temptation for you, here's how you can get to making it yourself:
200g Sugar (granulated)
100g Butter of your choice
4 tbsp Fresh Cream/Coconut milk
2 tsp of Vanilla
- Pour the sugar into a saucepan on medium heat. As the sugar begins to melt and bubble, gently move it around to let the sugar melt uniformly.
- Once all the sugar has melted, take the saucepan off the heat and stir in the cubed butter.
- Stir till well combined, this can take 8-10mins.
- Put the saucepan back on the heat and add the cream/coconut milk.
- Mix till combined, let it come to a boil and take off heat.
- Stir in the Vanilla and allow it to cool.
- Transfer to your desired jar and store up till 1 week.
Tip: Add 1 tsp of salt to make this a delish Salted Caramel