Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting | Eggless
They say Chocolate is a joy stimulator and has health benefits. This childhood favourite for many it is an irreplaceable addition to any celebration. And if you are like me, you treat everyday as a celebration and welcome chocolate in all forms and sizes :) Other flavours may come close but there's no replacing the rich smooth taste of chocolate in our lives.
We made these fluffy Chocolate Cupcakes using our Whole Wheat Devil's Choco Cake Mix (healthy cupcakes for the win!) and topped it off with a rich fluffy Chocolate Buttercream for which we combined a classic Buttercream frosting with our handy Hot Chocolate Mix. A heavenly pairing indeed!
These decadent Chocolate Cupcakes are the ideal way to celebrate the soon approaching World Chocolate Day.
And here's how you make them,
1 Plattered Devil's Choco Cake Mix
¾ cup Buttermilk
½ cup Oil
150g Butter (unsalted)
300g Icing Sugar
6 tbsp Plattered Hot Chocolate Mix
- Prepare the cupcake tray with liners. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Empty the contents of the Devil's Choco Cake Mix in a large bowl.
- Add the Buttermilk and Oil till a smooth batter is formed.
- Transfer batter to piping bag, snip off the end and pipe into the cupcake liners.
- Bake for about 15-20 mins. This will depend on the size of your cupcake tray. Once baked, set aside to cool.
- For the Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, add the room temperature unsalted Butter, sifted Icing Sugar and Hot Chocolate Mix to a bowl and whisk till well incorporated.
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a star shaped nozzle.
- Hold the tip of the piping bag just above the center of each cupcake and squeeze the piping bag till the icing spreads to the sides.
- Move the piping bag upwards as it spread and lift away quickly to finish and the cupcakes are ready!
Note: Vegan Buttermilk can easily be made by mixing 1.5 tsp vinegar to ¾ cup soy milk. Stir. Wait for 5 mins. Ready to use!
Pro Tip: Toast hazelnuts or other nuts of choice and use as garnish. The crunch from the nuts are a perfect addition.