Pear Upside Down Cake (Eggless | Vegan Friendly)
If you're someone who thinks fruits and veggies should be excluded from desserts, we can certainly convince you otherwise!
Have you seen the beautiful glaze on this cake??
If you're wondering why we're so excited about this recipe, keep reading!
With the aroma of warm caramel and spices wafting off this homely cake, we could barely wait to dig into this one.
We swapped the usual grated carrots for our Whole Wheat Carrot Cake Mix with a couple of fresh sweet pears from the market, and were extremely pleased with how it turned out :)
Warm, sweet, wholesome, fruity and crunchy, this cake has got it all. The fresh Kerala spices from the Mix pair exceptionally well with the warm caramelized fruit and crunch from the walnuts.
We have tempted you enough :P So, here's how you can make your very own Pear Upside Down Cake,
1 pack Plattered WholeWheat Carrot Cake Mix
1⁄2 cup Buttermilk (Vegan or Regular)
1⁄4 cup Oil
1/2 cup Sugar
2-3 Fresh Pears
Prepare your 6" round cake tin by lining the sides with parchment paper.
Empty the Carrot Cake Mix into a bowl and whisk in the Buttermilk and Oil till no lumps are visible.
- Finely dice 1 pear, fold into the cake batter & set aside.
- Peel & slice another pear.
- Prepare a simple caramel by placing the sugar in a pan on medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Once caramelized, gently pour the caramel into your prepared tin.
- Arrange the pear slices and walnuts in a concentric circle.
- Once the caramel in the tin has cooled slightly, pour in your cake batter gently to avoid disturbing the pattern.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Bake for 30 mins or till toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- After the cake has cooled for about 10-15 mins, carefully upturn it onto a serving plate. Be cautious as the caramel is extremely hot.
- Serve fresh with vanilla ice-cream!