Eggless Lemon Curd
Are you ready to add a zesty twist to your vanilla cake game? Then we've got the perfect recipe for you which is a lemony, bright, and creamy combination that will make your taste buds dance with joy!
The vanilla cake, made with our Real Bean Vanilla Cake Mix, is light, fluffy, and perfectly moist, while the lemon curd adds a tangy burst of flavour that's sure to lift your mood. But wait, it gets better! The smooth and creamy buttercream icing on top is rich and perfectly balances the tangy lemon curd.
Welcome summer with this quick and easy zingy lemon curd mini cake! Here's everything you need to make it,
For the Lemon Curd:
- 100ml Coconut Milk/Fresh Cream
- 100g Sugar
- Juice from 3 limes
- ½ tbsp Lime zest
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Turmeric (for colour)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Splash of Vanilla
For the Vanilla Cake:
- 1 Plattered Real Bean Vanilla Cake Mix
- ¾ cup Buttermilk
- ½ cup Oil
For the Buttercream Frosting:
- Refer to our How to make Vanilla Buttercream recipe
- For the Lemon Curd, add the milk/cream, sugar, lime juice & zest, salt, cornflour and optionally turmeric to a saucepan on medium heat and stir till combined.
- Stir till it thickens, about 5-10mins, and let come to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla.
- Transfer to a bowl or jar and cover with plastic wrap, allowing it to touch the lemon curd (this helps prevent a skin forming on the surface).
- While it cools, prepare the Vanilla Cake as per package instructions on our Real Bean Vanilla Cake Mix and bake in small well-greased cake tins (muffin moulds work just as well!).
- Once baked and cooled, decorate the cakes with Vanilla Buttercream in an outward spiral and add an extra spiral border on each cake to hold the Lemon Curd.
- Spoon in the Lemon Curd in this crevice and your mini Lemon Curd Cakes are ready!
P.S. Lemon Curd can be paired with toast, waffles, pancakes, ice-cream, layered in between cakes and many more ways!