Persimmon Crunch Cake
With Persimmons/Amarphal making their way to our grocery shelfs recently, we thought why not enjoy this sweet juicy fruit in the way we do best. Add it to our Mixes, ofcourse!
This fruity cake with the touch of warm spices with a crunch is exactly what you need to treat your palate to this autumn.
To make this simple and quick tea cake, we used our Carrot Cake Mix and swapped the grated carrots for the pulp of an over ripe Hachiya Persimmon. The nuts and dry fruits add a crunchy element while making it more wholesome.
This quick 5-ingredient tea cake recipe is perfect for when you want a moist cake without the hassle. Try this recipe before the Persimmon season ends, here's what you need,
1 Plattered Carrot Cake Mix
½ cup Buttermilk
¼ cup Oil
1 big Persimmon/Amarpfal (squashed, about ½ cup)
Nuts & Dry Fruit of your choice
- Prepare a 6" round cake tin by lining the sides with parchment paper and pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Stir in Buttermilk and Oil with the Carrot Cake Mix till no lumps remain.
- Squash 1 big Persimmon of the Hachiya variety and add it to the batter.
- Add chopped nuts/dry fruit and fold in gently.
- Transfer to the lined tin and top with some more chopped nuts.
- Bake for about 60 mins or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to rest for at least 20 mins, slice and enjoy warm!
P.S. A cream cheese frosting pairs well with this cake too!